LabCoat Live: Cell Line Authentication using Capillary Electrophoresis
Who Should Attend?
Laboratory personnel interested in learning about the human cell line authentication application using STR DNA profiling and capillary electrophoresis platforms.
Learn the fundamentals of how to authenticate human cell lines when using STR DNA profiling and capillary electrophoresis systems. This course provides professional, interactive education via online lecture(s) and a self-paced hands-on lab experiment using provided protocol(s) and reagents.
At the conclusion of this training, participants should be able to:
- Describe the importance of human cell line authentication
- Explain basic theory of STR DNA profiling
- Outline the sample preparation workflow and identify key experimental parameters for microsatellite amplification and sizing
- Analyze fsa. files to identify cell lines
- Three 1-hour interactive online lectures
- 1 month of access to class webpage, including downloadable notes and protocols, support videos, and question and answer forum
- A training kit* that includes reagents needed to perform course protocols
* Only 1 training kit will be provided per customer site based upon shipping address as the kit contains multiple reactions
- Functional knowledge of cell culture and molecular biology techniques
- Functional knowledge of capillary electrophoresis and primary and secondary fragment analysis with GeneMapper Software
- Access to Applied Biosystems™ Genetic Analyzer instrument and accessories (3500, 3730 or SeqStudio)
- A computer with internet access and GeneMapper™ software
- Basic laboratory equipment (i.e. pipettes, thermal cycler, bench top centrifuge, mini centrifuge etc.)
- Kits or reagents for genetic analyzer general operation and calibration to run fragment analysis experiments (capillary array, anode and cathode buffer, POP7™ polymer, DS-33 Matrix Standard Kit, MicroAmp™ 96-well reaction plates, 96-well plate septa, etc.)
Reserve a spot in one of these courses at thermofisher.com/labcoatlive. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Tell a colleague about this course. Copy the following URL:
|| Carlsbad, CA
|| Frederick, MD
|| Web-Based Training