LabCoat Live: SmartStart Training for the ExpiSf Expression System
Learn the fundamentals of baculovirus generation and protein expression using the ExpiSf Expression System. This course provides detailed reviews of the unique system components and the key workflow steps where optimal techniques will maximize results. LabCoat Live courses include professional, interactive education via online lectures and a self-paced hands-on lab experiment using provided protocols and reagents.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Outline the full ExpiSf system workflow, identify the key components of the system and when, how, and why to use each one
- Employ proven methods to clone and isolate bacmids and generate a high-titer baculovirus stock using the ExpiSf protocol
- Apply optimal techniques for thaw, subculture, transfection, and virus infection of ExpiSf9 cells to maximize cell health and protein expression levels
- Demonstrate knowledge of harvesting and titering recombinant baculovirus
- Demonstrate best practices for efficient protein harvest and accurate yield detection and quantitation
- Identify the workflow steps where optimization will have the most impact to improve future expression results
- Five 60-90 minute interactive online lectures and a self-paced experiment conducted over 6 weeks to coordinate with the timing of the protein production workflow
- 2 months of access to class webpage, including downloadable notes and protocols, support photos and videos, and dedicated question and answer forum
- ExpiSf Expression System Starter Kit (Cat. No. A38841) containing all the key reagents needed to perform the course protocols. Note: Please inquire if you have already purchased the kit and are interested in training only.
- Basic cell culture lab equipment (cell culture incubator, biosafety cabinet, orbital shaker, centrifuge, pipet aids, etc.) and some accessory reagents and consumables (sterile pipets, protein detection and/or quantitation reagents, etc.)
- Access to a flow cytometer
- A computer with internet access and minimum system requirements.
- Functional knowledge of basic cell culture and basic molecular biology techniques, including sterile technique and protein analysis
Reserve a spot in one of these courses at thermofisher.com/labcoatlive
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please inquire about group discounts!
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
Tell a colleague about this course. Copy the following URL:
|| Carlsbad, CA
|| Frederick, MD
|| Web-Based Training